Churches of Zakynthos

– Aghios Nikolaos tou Molou (Solomou Square): a church of Renaissance order (17th century) with a belfry dating back to the Byzantine period. Aghios Dionysios lived here in 1853.

– Aghios Dionysios (at the new pier of the port): where the relic of the patron-saint of the island is kept in a silver larnax.

churches-st.dionisios-1-300x233

st dionysios

– Aghios Markos (1516): The belfry of this catholic church situated at the Aghiou Markou Square is a copy of the one of Saint Mark’s basilica in Venice.

 Aghios Georgios: The army commanders Kolokotronis, Nikitaras, Fotomaras as well as other fighters of the 1821 Revolution took their vows on the icon which is kept in this church.

–  at the outskirts of the castle.